6.9.11

Pedal Experience

Early Saturday morning. The sun is still close to the horizon and the heat is yet to sting for a few hours later. Perfect time to pedal on the bike. Checking each tire, pinching them for enough air. Pushing the bike forward, pressing the brakes and finding they're stopping good. Stretching my limbs for some warmup before I settle myself on the saddle to take off on a ride around the city.
Off I go. Feeling the breeze on my skin and letting my hair float back behind my head. Going on bike rides is something fulfilling. It's like a daily routine that I have to complete in order to survive. 
My thigh muscles contract as the slope gets a bit higher but i don't complain. Instead, I pedal more to reach where I should go. The sweat has dampened my back and trickling down my temples. I just wipe them away and get a feeling of satisfaction that I did ride my bike today.
I make full stops for rest and to savor the view. And when my analogue camera is loaded, I take it along with me so I can take pictures of my bike stops. Realizing I can go places without spending on gas and at the same time giving my muscles some activity and not contributing any to climate change.
There's a certain feeling of freedom that I can't seem to put to words in detail. For a second there I knew the world has invented something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment