21.12.11

Inked

After years of planning and wanting to get a tattoo, I have been inked just this morning at Black Rose Tattoo Shop by Dino Lezama (awesome artist, you should check him out). Since this was my first tattoo, I was not sure what to expect. I've been asking my sister and friend who had their share of ink and they said it was sorta painful like a blade cutting through your skin. Oh well, most of the time I over react (in a funny way at least). This led me to have mixed feelings but as soon as I sat there to get tattooed, everything was alright and tolerable. Considering my design was very simple and little and I, having a history of a few too many surgeries, knew it wouldn't hurt so much. 
The design I had for my tattoo was a coffee stain turned bike wheel. Was looking around the net for bike wheel designs and came across one which suits me very well. What I had in mind was to get a very simple one which wouldn't catch too much attention but at the same time mean something to me. I wouldn't want to get a tattoo just for the heck of having one, I wanted it to be significant. I am so in love with coffee and I ride my bike a lot, and this design I found fitted perfectly. I integrated two of my loves in life and let it stay permanently on my skin.
Was glad to have my two friends around (Ia and Lyka) for moral support. Their company made those 40 minutes much more entertaining. 
This was an awesome experience to have before this year ends. Will be planning for the next design, pretty pretty soon. And Melanie is finally inked.

No comments:

Post a Comment