17.3.17

Oh Hello Again!

We did Lake Hauroko track as part of our pre-Kepler track training, being the newbie NZ trampers that we were.
Look at that view! :D 


It has been almost 3 years since my last post here. While I have put myself on house arrest for the past few days for flu reasons (it hit me, bummer!), this blog suddenly dawned on me again. Oh yes, I have missed making entries here. I used to be so religious in posting even though I know I'm only reaching little to no traffic... but what the hell, I'm having fun anyway. 

Sooo... for the past years I have been tramping, camping, driving around most of south island New Zealand, wallowing on its awesomeness (during my days off work, of course). The NZ landscapes have enthralled me so much that I became addicted. There was a point when my week was incomplete when I can't go hiking. I know, right? That's how beautiful this country is. Crazy beautiful-- you would not believe this place actually exists but yes it does and I am very blessed to be an expat here.

These are highlights of my escapades for the year 2015; I'll do another for 2016. Here it goes...


Middle Earth Adventures 2015

Ocean View Track, Bluff

Waituna Lagoon,

Autumn in Arrowtown

Waipohatu Falls Track, The Catlins

Waipohatu Falls, The Catlins

Blue Mountain top, Tapanui

Titans Rock Track, Piano Flat, Waikaia

South Mavora Lake

Lake Hauroko, Fiordland

McLean Falls

Along the Kepler track, tackling the steps on our way to Iris Burn Hut

Our tired faces on day 2 of our Humpridge tramp

This year resurrected the outdoors woman in me; I was a part of an outdoors group back in my university days but after that I have become stagnant. New Zealand is the perfect place for me to reawaken my passion and live the outdoors dream again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment