27.9.13

Books

I can't imagine a world without books (at least I refuse to despite having read Fahrenheit 451). There has been fear of printed media's extinction with the birth of tablets. But no... they can't get rid of books. In fact, I read somewhere there's a rise of bookstore openings in some regions of Europe. That's right, more readers  prefer the real thing. Up to now I still can't appreciate reading a book through a screen. I tackled this e-book vs. real book topic before in A Bookworm's Thought. There's a certain gratification in hearing the crisp of the page when I advance to the next page and in breathing in the familiar vanillin scent. For me, convenience of e-books cannot match the pleasure an actual one brings. And electronic versions can't fill up a bookshelf-- a bibliophile like me don't want that. *Wink*

My obsession of books caught on film:

Way back when I felt "lawyery"

"Lawyery" study-time

My little stack with Mr. Robot Disderi

A Clockwork Orange

Bookshelf at Cafe Noriter, Dumaguete

Anne Rice's The Mummy

Stack it up

Korean collection at Cafe Noriter, Dumaguete

Christmas is a time for books -- Fight Club and 1984

The Graveyard Book

My sister, swinging and reading

Norwegian Wood

Sputnik Sweetheart -- Yep, a Haruki Murakami fan here

"Lawyery" days

Academic shelf

Books for kids at the mall

Civil "Lawyery"

Beauty before my eyes


"The book to read is not the one that thinks for you but the one which makes you think."
~Harper Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment