2.10.13

Yuna


Source: http://blogs.kcrw.com

I came across one of Yuna's music videos about a year ago while watching one by Zee Avi. Youtube has this thing of displaying similar artists which was an advantage to me; if not for that, I wouldn't have known up to now about this exceptional musician. I was curious especially because of the headscarf she wore-- it kind of reminded me of Erykah Baduh but I was actually clueless as to what her music would sound like. I loaded the video and as soon as I heard her voice I knew I was gonna love the rest of her songs.

Yuna is a Malaysian singer and songwriter. At 14, she began writing her own songs. Myspace was a key element in the discovery of her potential as an international musician; she publicized her tracks on the site back in 2006. With three international releases (Decorate EP, Yuna, Sixth Street EP) up her sleeve it won't be long until her next step to success in the music industry. Her next album Nocturnal is on the works and will be ready for our appreciation on the 29th of October this year. I'm excited as to what beautiful melodies and rhythms she cooked up. 

Have a listen to this Malaysian sensation:

Yuna - Decorate


Yuna - Come As You Are (Nirvana Cover)


Yuna - I Wanna Go


More of Yuna's sound:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2.10.13

    You should listen "Mermaid" By YUNA

    Also her malay song "Penakut" (coward) and "Dan Sebenarnya" (and actually)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give those a listen. Thanks for sharing! :]

    ReplyDelete