6.11.13

Trying My Luck with the Ukulele

We named this ukulele Cece

Way back in high school, I tried to learn the guitar but I had no luck. I didn't have the perseverance to memorize all those chords and tabs. Also my fingers were too stiff to shift from one chord to another, taking me about 3 seconds to transfer. I got discouraged right away. 

With the ukulele, it's a different story. I started strumming the four-string wonder last year after I got a hold of my friend's ukulele (Thanks, Zapie!). One thing that attracted me to this little instrument, other than its cutesy size, is its sound. There's a cheerful vibe to it-- often reminding me of a fun laid-back island life. 

I have convinced L to buy one just for practice and I've been having so much fun playing it. Trying my best to strum a song or two everyday; however, I still have a lot of chords to master. Forgive my slothfulness but I always choose to play the easy songs. Haha. Anyway, here are a few cover attempts (I hope I'm not making a fool of myself). ;]


Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People (Ukulele Cover)

Tennis Court - Lorde (Ukulele Cover)


Hopefully I didn't make you squirm while watching these videos. Haha. I'm off to practice other covers and maybe post some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment