7.3.14

Blood Red Shoes

Source: http://www.lostinconcert.com

I first heard of this rockin' band in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World original soundtrack, featuring their song "It's Getting Boring by the Sea". But it was really through L that I fully appreciated them and they're now one of my favorite bands. L made me listen to their other tracks where I immediately fell into a lullaby of raw unpretentious alternative rock. I need this kind of music these days. It puts me back to that era during my childhood where rock and alternative genres dominated the radio and music channels. 

Their upbeat and headbanging sound can't be missed, it's catchy that it makes me wanna dance my heart away. Grunge and punk is evidently mixed together in their music. Well, that's no surprise since their influences include Nirvana, Fugazi, Blur, and Sonic Youth to name a few.

One good news is... Blood Red Shoes released another full length album earlier this week. Their fourth record is entirely self-produced and engineered by the members themselves-- Steven Ansell and Laura-Mary Carter. Steven states, "It came out as our rawest, heaviest, sexiest and most confident sounding record so far."

I absolutely agree with Steven. I love this new record, no doubt about it. I can't help but pick favorites: Cigarettes in the Dark, Behind a Wall, The Perfect Mess, Grey Smoke, Speech Coma.


Here are the first two singles from the new self-titled album. Enjoy!

The Perfect Mess

An Animal

Take a preview of the rest of the album at their official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment