12.3.14

St. Vincent


Source: www.vogue.com


I found St. Vincent (Annie Clark) by browsing through my Tumblr dashboard a few years back. By the time I played the song, I loved her right away. Some more internet rummaging for her other tracks followed. Hearing the rest of her music is like visiting a contemporary art show.

Her mystifying lyrics, elaborate arrangements and use of multiple instruments are perfectly blended in to produce beautiful and extraordinary tunes. St. Vincent is a gem in the world of music. Her sound, in two words, is auditory frenzy.

2014 is a good year for St. Vincent; her fourth album released on February 24 received universal critical acclaim. Annie declared that this record is "more confident" and "is very extroverted" and described it as "a party record you could play at a funeral".

I first listened to the whole album earlier today and... yes, I love it! Prince Johnny, Digital Witness, I Prefer Your Love, and Regret charmed me right away. It's still the St. Vincent that I'm used to take pleasure in feasting my ears on. She remains to deliver exceptional art rock music.

Check out her new album and enjoy the party:

St. Vincent - Digital Witness

St. Vincent (Full Album Stream)

No comments:

Post a Comment