5.2.14

Box of a Dream Home


Source: http://www.cgarchitect.com/2012/09/shipping-container-house

Everybody has a dream house for sure. Some place to settle, relax, and call home. As for me, my dream home is something made out of a box. Literally. I want a shipping container house. I've been drooling over beautiful designs of these cargo boxes. There are tons of them lying around in docks around the world, hence, using them to build a house is basically recycling. Most of my readings have three things in common to say about this type of dwelling-- it's  eco-friendly, durable and practical. Yup, just the way I like it. I'm psyched to get my own shipping container home. In the mean time... here's a drool fest of lovely shipping container architecture.


1.  Guest House by Jim Poteet






2. A Transforming Shipping Container House by Port-A-Bach Architects






3. The Nomad by Hybrid Architecture






4. Savannah Project by Price Street Projects







5. Cordell House by Katie Nichols, John Walker, and Christopher Robertson




Source: http://www.thecoolist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment