18.2.14

Ukulele Love

Just when I thought it would be ages before I can own a quality ukulele, here comes a wonderful surprise from L. One night when I was about to travel to a neighboring island, L gave me a beautiful ukulele out of the blue. You guessed it, I shed tears. Who wouldn't? But of course I was crying out of happiness. The act itself and the ukulele melted my heart... oh, the ukulele. I named her Penny-- after Penny from The Big Bang Theory and from The Beatles' Penny Lane which is one of my favorite Beatles song (this name popped out of my head while I was lying on the boat's bunk bed). I'm challenged to get better at playing this little instrument. It'd be a shame to have a good ukulele and not be good at using it. I'm soooo grateful for this awesome present! *smiling from ear to ear with sparkling eyes*

Penny is a handcrafted ukulele of Susing's Guitar, Cebu, Philippines.


Penny and me:




Even though there's a bright and shiny new ukulele, our first still remains close to my heart-- Cece (in analogue):




Just because I can't get enough of the ukulele, here are more from Pinterest.





No comments:

Post a Comment