19.2.14

Mstislav Pavlov

Aphrodite

The visual art movement that drove me to paint is impressionism. When my cousin gave me a book about it, I immediately wanted to try it. The history and works of the artists moved me. Exceptional masterpieces by Renoir, Monet, Cezanne, etc. are stirring and inspiring. 

Browsing through the world wide web, I came across a contemporary impressionist-- Mstislav (Misti) Pavlov. This Russian artist's strokes and techniques show his superb skill and mastery. The unusual angles, open composition, and depiction of light create drama and spectacle to the familiar subjects. Misti's virtuosity is as impressive as the art movement he follows.

The visible brush strokes apparent in impressionism is what often captures the viewers' attention and Misti applies this method so well. His paintings showcase his proficiency and competence in the craft. If only Claude Monet lives today to witness his works, I'm sure he'd be very proud to have him in his crowd of gifted artists.

See more of his paintings:

Evening Toilet

On the Sienna Embankment
The Two
Moulen Rouge
The Nest
Middle Ages Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment