13.2.14

Rocks Coffee-To-Go



Why is it that a lot of good stuff pop out after you left a certain place? Well, this is the case with the dear old Oriental Hall (OH) where I used to do simulated procedures and listen to lectures when I was still a student. A cramped old building with an eerie air (most of the time I run when I go downstairs to the ladies room so I wouldn't see a ghost or something). And now, look at it. It's glammed-up with new glass windows, fancy couches, reading materials, and the like. Best of all, there's a coffee shop. Why??? A cafe inside the campus; why just now? About more than five years ago when I used to be Dumaguete-based there were only a number of places to grab coffee and just lounge in; today you'll be confused which to choose. This is why I sound so frustrated. If I'm still a student at Silliman today, I'd be a regular at Rocks Coffee-To-Go. I'm in love with the set-up-- it has a study room/library feel that's just right for the location. Those bookshelves and tables made me green with envy. Teehee!








I always order hot cappuccino, it's my standard for good tasting coffee-- yep, my expectations were met. And it makes me smile how they call the sizes of their coffee servings: Wide Reader, Bookworm, and Genius for short, tall, and grande respectively (very creative indeed). When I return, I'll try the other food and drinks in their menu so stay tuned.




Cafe Latte

Cappuccino

Cafe Mint Latte
 

I'm glad this old building has been transformed into a student lounge conducive for learning. Evidently, Silliman and Dumaguete is continuing to progress and it's great to see a lot of new stuff every time I come to visit.




Get your caffeine fix at:

Rocks Coffee-To-Go
The Byblos Library, Oriental Hall
Silliman University
Dumaguete City 6200
Negros Oriental Philippines
(035) 422-9836 / 09277976257

No comments:

Post a Comment